Our team are the best
The Cardiology Service is led by David Mackenzie, who is very happy to take referrals or to give advice by phone or email for any cases you think may have a heart problem. Referrals are welcomed in the following areas:
- Investigation of congenital or acquired heart murmurs.
- Arrhythmias (including referred ECG traces for interpretation and advice).
- Exercise Intolerance.
- Syncope or collapsing episodes.
- Coughing or breathing difficulties.
- Echocardiography with spectral and colour flow Doppler.
- Electrocardiography (ECG) including 24-hours, 48-hours or 7-day Holter monitoring.
- Digital thoracic and upper airway radiography and computed tomography (CT).
- Blood pressure assessment.
- Pericardiocentesis for pericardial effusion.
- Pericardiectomy (in conjunction with our surgery team).