Hepatology is the study, prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas.
Investigation (including advanced imaging with ultrasound or CT scan +/- angiography, gall bladder aspiration and liver biopsy by FNA, Trucut® or surgical as required) and management of liver and biliary tract conditions including:
- Unexplained hepatopathies.
- Abnormal liver function tests.
- Chronic liver conditions.
- Acute hepatitis, cholangiohepatitis etc.
- Suspected mucoceles (with subsequent management by our surgical team).
- Liver masses.