RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Orthopaedics)
- BVSc, University of Liverpool, 2002
- Certificate in Small Animal Surgery, 2007
- RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Orthopaedics), 2015
- 2012-2013 – Lecturer in Small Animal Orthopaedics, University of Liverpool
- 2010-2012 – Clinical Research Assistant, University of Liverpool
- 2004 – 2010 – Senior Veterinary Surgeon, Petmedics, Manchester
- 2007-2013 – Peripatetic Referrals, North West
Ben is an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Orthopaedics. He has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals and authored several continuing education articles. He lectures regularly to vets regionally and internationally.
He is also an Honorary Fellow of the School of Engineering, University of Liverpool and is the clinical supervisor of several engineering post-graduate students working on medical device development. Ben is the Clinical Research and Development Director of Fusion Implants, a veterinary orthopaedic implant developer and manufacturer specialising in 3D-printed titanium technology.
Ben is happy to accept referrals in all aspects of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal disease, including spinal cord injury and disease. His particular interests are fracture management and total joint replacement, especially of the hip and stifle.