Clinician in Orthopaedics
- Bachelors in Veterinary Medicine (MVB)
- Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- Masters in Veterinary Science (M.S.)
- Small Animal Rotating Intern, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 2014-2015
- ACVS Resident in Small Animal Surgery, Washington State University, 2015-2018
- Clinician in Small Animal Surgery, ChesterGates Veterinary Specialists, 2018
Ciaran has completed a three year surgical residency programme where he practiced a variety of orthopaedic, soft tissue, neurologic, oncologic and minimally invasive surgery at Washington State University.
He obtained his veterinary degree at University College Dublin in 2014 and completed a small animal rotating internship at Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan in 2015. Following his internship year, he moved to Washington State University where he completed a three year surgical residency and was awarded numerous scholarships including for teaching and for his research in exercise science.
Ciaran also completed a Masters in Veterinary Science at Washington State University, with his research focused on improving outcomes in the postoperative period. His findings were presented at the 2017 ACVS Veterinary Symposium and his work accepted for publication in the Journal of American Veterinary Medicine Association. In addition, Ciaran has researched and published on gastrointestinal surgery and on techniques on measurement and quantification of electrical activity from muscles in dogs with orthopaedic disease.
Ciaran is due to sit his American College of Veterinary Surgery board exams in Spring 2019.
Outside of work, Ciaran is passionate about rugby, tennis, golf, and travelling with friends and family.Back to team