Professor John Innes
RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Orthopaedics
- BVSc, University of Liverpool, 1991
- PhD (Canine osteoarthritis), University of Bristol, 1997
- RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Orthopaedics, 2001
- Fellowship of RCVS for meritorious contributions to knowledge, 2016
- Lecturer in small animal orthopaedics, University of Bristol, 1996-2001
- Professor of small animal surgery, University of Liverpool, 2001-2013
- Visiting professor, University of Sydney, 2010
- CVS Referrals Director, 2013-present
John is an RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Orthopaedics and Spinal Surgery. He has published over 85 peer-reviewed clinical research papers and co-authored/edited several veterinary orthopaedics textbooks.
He is former chair of the British Small Animal Veterinary Association’s (BSAVA) Scientific Committee and, in 2005, received the British Small Animal Veterinary Association’s ‘Simon Award’ for ‘outstanding contributions to small animal surgery’. In 2016, he was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for ‘meritorious contributions to knowledge’.
He was President of the European Society for Veterinary Orthopaedics and Traumatology (ESVOT) from 2014 to 2016.