Clinical Lead & RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Orthopaedics)
- BVSc, University of Liverpool, 2006
- Certificate Small Animal Surgery (CertSAS), 2010
- RCVS Diploma in Small Animal Orthopaedics (DSAS), 2017
- Internship, Davies Veterinary Specialists, 2007-2008
- Residency Small Animal Orthopaedics, Davies Veterinary Specialists, 2009-2012
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Davies Veterinary Specialists, 2012-2016
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, ChesterGates Veterinary Specialists, 2016
Mark graduated from the University of Liverpool, initially working in general practice in Mold, North Wales. He spent the next nine years at Davies Veterinary Specialists in Hertfordshire, completing a rotating internship followed by a residency in small animal orthopaedic surgery. He remained there as an orthopaedic surgeon before joining ChesterGates in August 2016.
He passed the RCVS Diploma in Small Animal Orthopaedics in 2017.
His research interests include common calcaneal tendon (achilles tendon) injuries. He has developed a new surgical technique for these injuries using a new implant developed from a similar technique in people. Mark is happy to accept referrals in all aspects of orthopaedic surgery.
Mark is also clinical lead at ChesterGates is therefore involved in maintaining and promoting clinical excellence.