ChesterGates Veterinary Specialists is extremely proud to be accredited with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme. We strive to deliver excellent care to the canine and feline members of your family and you should feel assured your pet receives the highest standard of veterinary treatment.
What is RCVS Accreditation?
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme is your assurance about the quality of your veterinary practice.
To become accredited, practices must demonstrate they adhere to stringent standards in the following areas:
- Customer service.
- Cleanliness and hygiene.
- Staff training and development.
- Facilities and equipment.
Why is RCVS Accreditation important?
RCVS accreditation is important to you and your pet for a number of reasons:
- This accreditation is completely voluntary and being part of this initiative indicates that we are committed to delivering the best level of care across the board.
- Our team and services are held to the highest industry standard and are inspected regularly (including spot checks).
What does it mean to be an RCVS Veterinary Hospital?
To be accredited as a hospital we must meet the highest of standards in veterinary care.
- We ensure nursing staff are present on the premises round the clock, and a veterinary surgeon available 24-hours a day to attend to in-patients, if required.
- We maintain and improve clinical standards by monitoring performance and the outcome of treatments.
- We provide a range of specialist equipment, such as specific diagnostic equipment (ECG and ultrasound).
- We submit to rigorous examination of its premises and facilities, with emphasis on cleanliness and sterility.